Monday, September 14, 2015

A little basket progress yesterday

Not much to write about this morning. It was pretty quiet yesterday. I didn’t see anyone or go anywhere. Plus, I didn’t do a whole lot either.

I finished the book I started at breakfast, and then went on to my current basket. Got a few rows done on that. I’m making progress.


It is just about time to figure out where I am going from here. Try to make the thing more interesting than my last few. I will probably work on it some more today.

I don’t have anything on the agenda for today. Will take it as it comes. If it stays cool for a while I may work on some spoon bracelets. The bending, cutting and punching will be the hard part and needs to be done in the shed. The assembly and adding charms can be done indoors. I think I have five sets that I can work on. Then I will need to figure out what to do with the spoon bowls themselves. I have seen several things online. Will have plenty to experiment with. It is going to be a hand made Christmas this year. I also want to try making a clay basket base. That can be done indoors too, and should to keep dirt and crap out of it. Another bin to bring indoors. I’m going to have to free up some space in the closet so I can have a place to put these bins when I am not working with them. Right now they are stacked in the living room and I don’t like that. I could rearrange the folding tables under the bed and make some room there. That might be better. At least get the bins out of my line of sight. Less clutter.

It got hot for a while yesterday, hit 110 at one point, then mellowed out around 105 degrees. This morning it is around 80 degrees. I think tomorrow morning is supposed to be in the 70’s. Humidity is up around 53% tho, will make my walk harder than it should be. 

Hoping my new internet device arrives this week. I have a lot of updates waiting to be done on all my devices. Plus, Mike has put a whole file of books up for me, and I would like to download it, which I can’t until I get more internet. 

The new season of Dancing With The Stars starts tonight. I’m looking forward to that. I think Castle starts next week. Finally, some decent TV. Thankfully, that is one of the channels I seem to get with few problems. At least if I get unlimited internet, I will be able to keep up if I miss a show. Plus Amazon has a new movie download that I can use because I am a prime member. I hate channel surfing to find something to watch. I have some channels that are out right now, but don’t want to mess with the antenna because the two channels with new programs are coming in right now. I can live without the ones that are out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment