Sunday, September 27, 2015

Hoses and beads

I had a hard time walking yesterday. I think it was the heat. Either way, I had to push myself to finish. Later in the morning I met Glenn and Diane over on C Street where I have been watering all summer to figure out how their fruit trees can be watered until the owners get back. They redid all the water line on C and D streets which messed up the automatic watering. Two more splitters and two more hoses, and it can be done with my manual timer. We tried to put one of their automatic timers on, but it broke. I had to go out and buy two hoses tho. Since it was so hard to find hoses, I bought an extra, just in case. You never know.

I did spray around the house the other morning, it hadn’t been done and now that the rain has stopped, it was the perfect time to do it. I have enough spray to do it one or two more times. I don’t think I did much else, if I did, I can’t remember what. 

I had a rough night last night. I went to bed early because I was so tired. Of course, I was awake at midnight and up for a couple of hours. I did finally manage to go back to sleep in bed, and didn’t get up until 6. Too late to wake up and get ready to walk. It is too warm this morning anyway. I missed my walking window. Vicki and I went to Carl’s Jr for a burger last night. I had to tell her I wouldn’t be able to go to the floating restaurant with her on Friday. She suggested going after work, but I am sure I won’t be up to it. It will be my first week, and there is no AC. I’m dreading how I am going to feel when my work day is over.

I remember what I did yesterday morning, I made a necklace and earring set for a birthday gift. I even got it wrapped in my dragonfly paper with a black string tie. All I need to do now is get a card. I couldn’t find any dalmatian jasper in my stash, very little black at all, so it ended up being onyx and black jasper with copper spacer beads. The earrings are on copper wires.


I treated myself to a new insulated red and black igloo lunch bag while I was out yesterday. It is bigger than the ugly floral one I have so I should be able to put a water bottle or two in there too. I’m going to have to come up with something easy for my lunches. There isn’t any place within walking distance to buy food, and I don’t know how long my lunch will be.

A nap and a book in the afternoon. No basket work. Maybe today. I really need to make some progress on that, I have several more waiting to be done.

I took a picture of a little shelf over on C Street. I picked up a wooden shelf at Sal’s last week for fifty cents and was wondering what I was going to do with it. I can do something similar to this. Mine has the wooden pegs under the shelf so it can be useful too.




Just not sure where I would hang it. But it is cute.

I guess today is going to be laundry and basket coiling day. It is going to be too hot to spend too much time in the shed. Although I do want to put the hooks on the horseshoe tree this morning. The next part will be figuring out a stand for it. It seems to be holding together with the JB Weld. Once I get the hooks on it and they have hardened, I can paint it. Still thinking black, but maybe with a touch of gold or silver, or both. Or maybe I will just layer on some light layers of whatever colors I have and see how it turns out. Black being the base. I already have the valentine ornaments. I will need to come up with the rest of the holidays tho.

I need to get into the shed and get the hangers on the horseshoes before it gets too warm. Then a shower and laundry. I will be glad when it cools off enough to wear some different shirts. I am sick of the tank tops I have been wearing all summer.  The same thing day in and day out because they are the loosest and coolest things I have.

2 comments: