Saturday, September 12, 2015

Job interview, cross your fingers!


I just ordered three colors of glass frit, which is glass granules, to use in my molds. I got red, green and cobalt. Almost $14 for an 8 oz jar each. Glass fusing isn't cheap. I also ordered a set of three feathered ravens, I want to add them to my halloween display, and one for Jake.

I had the job interview yesterday for Herbs. She said she might call last night, but she didn’t. I have a 50/50 chance of getting the job. I think the interview went well, but every time I think that, they hire someone else. It would be three 8 hour days a week. And if I could supplement that with my jewelry and stuff, I would be ok. Especially if I got Ody sold to cover any unexpected expenses. I was hoping for more hours, but I can survive on less. My expenses here aren’t that much. Besides, it could change later on. This is the job I want. 

I had started a book at breakfast, so I read during the day, and after I got back from the interview, I did my laundry and started a new basket. This one is in blues. Still don’t have any idea of what it is going to look like. Everything dries so fast here, I got two loads of laundry hung out and dried and folded and put away in under two hours.

I decided to pass on going out to dinner last night. I would have liked to, but I felt that I shouldn’t spend the money since I had already eaten out twice this week. I had fish anyway, I tried the cod fillets that I had bought the other day. Next time I will cook two, it shrunk about half the size, took a long time to cook, but was good. 

I lost another website that I maintained yesterday. I’m not sorry to see it go. I hope they all go at some point. I really didn’t want to be a web provider to begin with, but Jake got me into it. A couple of the accounts I have had for 12 years. Wow. They do bring in a few bucks in labor each fall, so I am not complaining.

Yesterday was a little warmer, still humid, but less so. It looks like next week the nights will cool down sooner and be in the 70’s. I will be able to turn off the AC and run my fans. That will save a few bucks in electricity. I’d like to get back down to the $80 a month that I had when I first moved in here. Will be easier walking in the mornings too. Maybe even throw an evening walk into the mix. That would be different. As soon as it is cool enough, I want to do Q Mountain again. Haven't done that since New Year's day.

My sleeper ottoman is out for delivery on a FedEx truck. Yay. The beginnings of a living room makeover. See if I can’t open it up some. Get rid of the sleep sofa that I NEVER use and don't like, bring in a couple of comfy chairs…Maybe a rug too. The rest of it will have to wait until Ody sells so I can go buy a chair and a recliner. I’m thinking the little black end tables on either side of the couch will serve nicely as night stands in the bedroom. Not sure what to do about the coffee table. But I will find a use for it, or a place to store it until I do. The little red stands may go inside, but we’ll see.

That is about all I have for today. I am going to work on my basket until the ottoman gets here, play with that, and then back to the basket. We’ll see what else pops up during the day. You never know around here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment