Friday, January 2, 2015

First day of the new year

I made it! All the way to the top of Q Mountain. The walking stick made the difference. There were 15 of us bringing in the new year with the climb. Appropriate. I have posted all my photos and some other people’s photos on FB, there is a whole album. https://www.facebook.com/holly.bonville/media_set?set=a.10204328311100353.1073741959.1006638889&type=3

It was a little warmer yesterday until the wind started blowing again. But next week is supposed to be warmer. This morning when I got up it was 25 degrees outside and 35 degrees inside. Brrrr! I’m just not setup for those kinds of temps.

Mike and Judy made it to Amarillo TX yesterday, about 700 miles. Wow. They share the driving. They should make it home by tomorrow if all goes well and the weather cooperates.

I have been looking at property here. I looked at an RV lot the other day, and have found a house online that I want to look at. It is basically gutted, but it is a good price and stick built with a very large lot. Can’t be any worse than what I was living in in IP. I want to see it. It has been for sale for quite a while and the asking price is $45K. I bet I could get it for a lot less. If it is worth it. The land alone is worth almost that much. I haven’t called to find out how much the lot is going for yet. 

On my way back from town yesterday, I got some more gas for Ody. It barely put her over the half tank mark. With all the cold, I have been using the generator a lot more, which in turn, uses up more gas. 

I think I like it here. Not sure I would like it in the summer, but that is what Ody is for. If I can manage without a job. Depends on how much I spend on a place, etc. I don’t have a lot of money, but enough for a little while. What I don’t like is the cold. I really would like a home base tho, and I would like to have something to show for all the time spent in Vermont.

Last night I had dinner with the neighbors two rigs down. Jeanne and Jay. Pork loin, baked potato, etc. Then Connie and Bob joined us for sparkling cider and dessert. That was a nice little treat and I didn’t have to cook or clean up. 

All in all, a good New Year's Day. Very different from past years.

No comments:

Post a Comment