Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

I got somewhat motivated early yesterday and got myself showered, dressed and out for a walk. Before that, I dusted and vacuumed and straightened up a bit. After I showered, I finally tried on the clothes that I bought. Most of them fit. The one pair of pants that I wanted to wear to the interview doesn’t fit, but the other two are ok. All the shirts fit although the expensive red one is a little tight. I may go and see if I can find another light colored pair of pants tomorrow. I need to iron a few of the pieces, at least for the interview. I miss having a clothes dryer. Hanging stuff on the line doesn’t get the wrinkles out.

I didn’t do a whole lot the rest of the day. I read, napped, got rid of my garbage and cardboard. I also finally got Ody started up and running and ran the generator for a while. Supposed to do that once a month and it has been several months since it has been done. That wasn’t difficult, just time consuming.

Vicki and I went to Silly Al’s for salad and pizza last night. Unfortunately my salad had a fly in it. One of those tiny ones. When I went to shoo it away, it crawled down into my salad. Ugh. They took the salad off the bill. The pizza was ok, but again, very expensive. So far, I haven’t been impressed by any of the restaurants here in Q. Going to the Stagecoach this afternoon with a bunch of ladies for Mother’s Day. Eating out is expensive and I haven’t found a meal worth what I have paid yet. 

Tomorrow I will attempt for a second time to pick up Kali Cat’s ashes. I have a few small projects I want to get done today, like the hooks for the chairs on the back of the shed and hanging the ladder on the back of the house. I have to sweep the patio yet again. Seems like every time I sweep, we get a big wind and there are leaves all over the place again. Not even from my tree. There aren’t a lot of trees with leaves, so I don’t know where they are coming from. But they all end up on my patio. I’m still getting used to having walls on the patio. But so far, I am happy with it. A lot more privacy. 

I may have to stop feeding the birds. I am getting sick of the flocks of birds that are here all day long. Mostly doves. Plus there are a lot of baby birds and the noise is constant. I will have to think on that some more. I don’t mind the little birds, but the doves are pigs and obnoxious. I even have a pigeon now. Maybe I will stop chasing off the cat from next door and let nature take it’s course. That should thin them out a little. 

Will be interesting to see what my future has in store for me. I’m finally learning that nothing is permanent and nothing stays the same. I have even had the thought of putting the place up for sale and moving on, but it is way too soon for that. I need to spend at least a year here if not more before I make that decision. Besides, at this point, I wouldn’t get my money back. Need to make a little profit when I sell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment