Friday, May 1, 2015

Topped out at 107 degrees yesterday

Well, I’m showered, dressed and walked. I still didn’t get out there early enough, but it wasn’t too bad, and I didn’t do quite a mile. I figure something is better than nothing. I ordered a new stepping machine yesterday for those days that it is just too hot to go outside and work up a sweat. Again, something is better than nothing. I really should look at getting a stereo receiver so I can add sound to it.

We hit 107 yesterday. I went indoors around 10 AM and that is where I stayed. 

I made apple sauce with the old apples in the fridge, cooked the broccoli that I got in the basket that was starting to go, and puttered around until about noon. Had lunch, and then settled in with my basket. Made some progress on it. It is starting to look like a basket now. :)

I had a bad night sleeping last night, and I didn’t go to bed until almost 10, was up at 1:30 for a couple of hours and then tried the chair for a while. So I am running on about 3.5 hours sleep, again. 

I have to go to the post office this morning. My ceiling fan is there, and my garden cart that I could have used last weekend with the mortar is there. Might be something else by now too. I have some LED night lights coming, maybe they will be there. My floor lamp and towel rack are coming FedX, so they will come to me. The way it should be.

For now, I have had to move my morning coffee to the little table and chairs at the back end of the patio. it is the only place that doesn’t get the early morning sun. I will be very glad when the shade cloth goes up, I just wish it wasn’t so expensive so I could do something to cover the car too. I will have to undress the car before, and re-dress it when I get back from the post office. Thinking of putting some velcro on the inside so all I have to do with the shades is just stick them in place. I am using three of them, one in the front and one on each side that covers both the front and back side windows. 

Today I will install the ceiling fan, assuming I have everything I need. I should have. And assemble the garden cart. I will probably haul that indoors and do that there. 

Well, I guess that is about all I have this morning. Time to water the plants. I figured out what I am going to use as a basin for the fountain, a pot from DG. They come without the holes in the bottom, and I just need to measure the top. The little bucket isn’t big enough with this heat. Plus, I think it is back feeding and it is loosing some of the water  that it gets in the morning. A larger container should take care of that. Also, if I take the end out of the water…

No comments:

Post a Comment