Thursday, May 21, 2015

I really need to get some sleep

I am tired already, have been up since 1:30 and now that it is getting light, I’m ready to go back to sleep. But that will have to wait. I think I will make my appointed round and walk and then come back and sleep if I can.

Yesterday I puttered. Did the website update I needed to do, vacuumed, showered and walked. I rode with Vicki to Blythe since she was taking the dog to the vet. I only bought a couple of things at the grocery store, some blanched peanuts and some dried fruit. That was my expenditure for the day. I did order a new ironing board cover and will toss the old one. It didn’t come clean when I washed it. Or I may use it as a pad under the new one. We’ll see how good the pad is when it gets here. Vicki is headed to Walmart in Parker this morning but I decided not to go. Good thing since I think I will be taking a morning nap. Keith is jumping out of an airplane this morning. The guy is nuts...

I finally made a decision about Ody and reregistered her on the VT DMV website. It was the path of least resistance, and now I will be able to use her if I choose to do so. I already paid the insurance for the year, so she is good until March next year. 

Since I was up so early and had a burst of energy, I made a fresh batch of hummer juice, a fruit salad, a corn and bean salad, and cooked up some quinoa for easy meal prep. Trying to get back to clean eating. It is much easier if I already have the stuff in the fridge. This morning’s fruit salad doesn’t have a lot in it. Mostly pineapple and peaches and some dried cranberries. I still have a half watermelon that needs to be cut up too. I was good when I went to the store the other day, no sweets and no chips of any kind. Not that I wasn’t tempted.

I think I am going to go buy some water to make my sun tea with. I have used filtered water, but didn’t care for it. The water here isn’t very good. I may also go back to 50% water juice mix I was drinking last fall and winter. That worked pretty well.

I guess Keith and I might do a ghost town next week. I downloaded the list this morning and need to figure out where we want to go. I want to get in as much sight seeing as I can before I have to start working, and he will be taking off for a while soon too. Plus he has to go back to the UK in October for a while - it’s a visa thing.

Anyway, I guess that is about it for this morning. Gonna get dressed and do my walk, it is cloudy and cool right now, so it will be perfect. Oh, I saw a dead scorpion in the road yesterday, and had a tarantula hawk (a big assed wasp thing) walking around on the patio yesterday. I’m thinking I might have to call the pest control people. Plus I still have ants on the patio even after sweeping and putting down borax. But we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment