Saturday, May 30, 2015

Already tired of being stuck indoors.

It has only been a week and I am already tired of being stuck inside. It is going to be a long summer. If I had the money, I would take off for a while. But I don’t, so I can’t. I wouldn’t have to go far, just out of the desert. Sigh….

Another horrible night. I may have to turn the AC lower. I ordered a new set of sheets, 600 count, we’ll see if that helps. The sheets I have now are OK, but not top quality. I get too warm too fast. I can’t believe how much a set of cotton sheets cost. I could only afford to order one set. 

My thermometer topped out at 107 briefly yesterday. It may have been in the sun at the time, but I did see 105 for a while. And it gets hotter. The temperature doesn’t drop much until the sun goes down. It was still 99 degrees at 7 PM. I took my small tarp over and put it up so the rear tire won’t be in the sun. It isn’t perfect, but at least I don’t have to go thru the hassle of putting the tire covers and sun shields up every time I use the car. I will have to move the car to another location at the beginning of July, but am grateful to have the spot for now. I really have to come up with a solution so I can keep it in my own yard.

I got the bubble foil out of Ody yesterday and covered two of the west windows with it. The one in the living room and the one in the bedroom.

The singles breakfast was OK. Again, expensive. With tip almost $13. There weren’t a lot of people, about six plus me and Vicki. All old. Like, very old. Two men, the rest women. Vicki said they would be old and she was right. I doubt we will go back. Might try again in the fall when there are more people. After that we went to the post office and to buy some water. My sun tea is much better with bought water than filtered water from the tap. And that was about it. The rest of the day I read. Went outside for a smoke a few times, but the heat was nasty. 

I think I might work on my basket today. I do have to put together a business card for Pam, the lady that teaches the basket making. She liked my cards and the only way for her to order them is to use my account, so I have to put it together because my account is just that, my account and it has my credit card info, etc.

I’m not walking this morning. The sun is already up and I am just not in the mood to force myself. I am going to use the stepper today instead. There are no rounds today and we drove the park yesterday when we got back, so I’m good. I could take the scooter out later just to check things out, as long as I don’t have to walk in the heat. I'm tired and a bit cranky and restless.

The lizard was back at the fountain yesterday at 10:30. That is about the same time I saw it the other day, so I am going to try to get a picture if it comes back today.

One of the new batch of willow seeds is up and I have three trumpet vine seedlings. Hopefully there will be more of both. I finally have pots and tags for them so I can transplant them and keep them straight. Hoping to have enough to plant and several to give away when the time comes. Lots of blossoms on my tomato plant, but no baby tomatoes yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment