Saturday, May 16, 2015

Cool and rainy all day

It was an unusual day here yesterday. It rained off and on all day, a nice soft soaking rain and if we did make it out of the 50’s it wasn’t by much. 
Rode the park with Glenn, he showed me where all the timers were and gave me my instructions. I start my new duties on Monday, so I will have to start walking daily or take the scooter. The only day that doesn’t water is Tuesday, so if I go anywhere for an over night, it would have to be on a Monday.

I sat and read all day. Had on a sweatshirt and my tall slippers all day and a blanket in my lap. Wasn’t a good day to do much of anything else. Vicki made ham and beans so I didn’t even have to cook last night. I love it when I don’t have to cook. 

Going to Oatman on Monday with a friend, about 2.5 hours from here, to see the wild burrows and an authentic western mining town. I plan to take both cameras and to take a lot of pictures. It will feel good to be taking some photos again. It has been a while.

Everything smells so nice and fresh this morning. The sun is out, the birds aren’t happy. I ran out of seed yesterday, so there was no feeding this morning. I took down both feeders, brought them in and cleaned them up and am prepping them to become solar lights. The third one is gonna become a bird house. I might work on those today. Can’t do the bird house until I get my little saw unless I want to cut wood by hand, and I don’t want to do that. But the two solar lights I can do. I also swapped their lids to mix up the colors some.

I got four hours sleep last night and then I was up. I think I managed another hour in the chair. I really wish I could get some sleep. 

Thinking about cooking up the last of my gulf shrimp tonight. I will boil them outdoors with my butane cooker so I don’t stink up the house. Need to make a side dish, thinking beans and quinoa instead of black beans and rice. The last time I cooked quinoa I never got around to using it and the birds got most of it. Will have to do better this time, that stuff isn’t cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment