Monday, August 10, 2015

Very quiet weekend

I’m tired this morning. I kept waking up during the night and gave up around 3 AM. I didn’t take any sleep aids. That will teach me.

Yesterday morning I had to replace a timer valve on D Street. It hadn’t opened when it was supposed to so that side of the street didn’t water. I had a valve that was earmarked for another timer, but will get a replacement on the way today. These timers have a six year warranty. After I finished that (it only took about 10 minutes) I came back and got out my dremel drill press and drilled bases for baskets. I also drilled the dragonfly bases. I think I did three wood bases and the three resin bases. That took a little while because I didn’t Want to make any mistakes. I thought I might start another basket yesterday, but I didn’t I read instead. I didn’t even get showered. Didn’t matter, didn’t see anyone or do anything.

I did snap a pic of the glass pieces I did on Saturday before I put them away. Here they are..


I’m anxious to get Mary’s scraps and see what there is to work with. See if I can come up with a few jewelry worthy pieces.

I don’t have much going on today. I need to go to the post office and Pam is going to teach Rusty and Lois how to make baskets this morning, so I may go over there too. Other than that, nothing going on. Wednesday is my rock painting class, and I need to decide if I am going to do the base for the pumpkin basket in green or orange and get that painted now that I have the holes drilled. I may water down the paint so that it is more of a stain than a solid color. Hoping the grain will show thru especially after it is waxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment