Friday, August 7, 2015

Dragonflies are back

I wasn’t feeling motivated or creative yesterday, so I read and slept. I had gotten behind on my sleep anyway and needed it. I considered tossing the book I was reading, it wasn’t all that great, but I managed to finish it. I hate to stop reading a book once I have started even if I hate it. But some of them are so bad, I have to.

Pam brought my dragonflies over last night. She set them in resin for me.


This is the dragonfly I picked up in the parking lot of the Ford dealership in Belfast last August.  The next one is the one that came to me at Magnolia Beach in Texas, and died in my camp. 


The rocks, shells and feathers are from the same beach. This was just before Kali Cat got sick the first time.

We had thunderstorms yesterday, but we never got a drop of rain or the high winds here. I guess the other side of town got hit, and several semi’s blew over on the highway. It also messed with my TV signal all evening. Power went out once, just long enough to have to reset everything. This is what it looked like from my patio. It passed us by.


Not sure what is on the agenda for today. Hoping I feel a little more creative today. But will play it by ear. Jack just stopped and said the battery compartment on Ody was open, so I need to go check that. I should also go to the post office later in the morning after they have finished distribution.

I took one of the shelves from the corner cupboard over to Rusty last night and asked him to cut three rounds for me. He said he could do it. I have the spinner bases and will finally be able to make more use of that cupboard. Right now, I can only use the front. Will be a great improvement and I shouldn’t have to get the step ladder out as often.

That is about all I have this morning. Nothing new and exciting. I do need to follow up on the Horizon Bank thing, I still don’t have my login for that. And I had to check to see if I needed to do any website billing. Did that, I’m good until October. Since I don’t pay bills at the beginning of the month any more, I keep forgetting to check to see if I need to bill someone. I used to do it all at the same time.

My knee is better. I didn’t take anything for it yesterday at all. It is still a little achy, but nothing I can’t deal with. I cut up the watermelon I bought the other day, but it isn’t a very good one. not much in the way of flavor. I chopped up the rind and tossed it out under the grapefruit tree. I also tossed the last of the shredded cabbage that was starting to go bad. 

Well, I guess I will gather my garbage, grab the scooter, and go check on Ody. I must not have locked the compartment the last time I showed her. I hope she hasn’t been broken in to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment