Monday, August 31, 2015

Basket is done for now

I spent most of yesterday on the current basket. I am done the coiling part. I don’t really like it, but once it is waxed and I find the ribbon to put around the top, it should be fine. It is a gift for a 10 year old. This is what it looks like right now, I just need to find some lavender ribbon to wrap the top row with.


I didn’t hear from Keith until late in the day. I will be getting my toys from him this morning. Playing with those will take a while. I’m also hoping the electricians will be back and wrap up the project on G Street. I hope they fill the hole back in too, I really don’t want to have to do that myself. 

There must have been a microburst of air here the other day. One of the aluminum patio roofs got peeled back. I didn’t hear it. I was working on my basket with the TV and the AC going. My neighbors did tho and they said it was loud. This is what the wind did on B Street right behind me.


You can see one of the legs up on the roof, half of the roof over the driveway is completely gone. I do have to say that I am glad it wasn’t mine. Not sure if insurance would cover that or not.

I didn’t post a pic of the two little tables I got at Family Dollar last week. I didn’t really need them and haven’t found a place for them yet, but they are red, and were only $5 each. They match the material I used on my chairs. They can double as seating too.


Not sure what I am going to do today. I have to be showered and dressed when Keith stops by, and hopefully the electricians too. I don’t think I will be going out even tho my fridge is pretty much empty. I need to use up some of what is in the cupboards and freezer anyway, and the produce isn’t worth buying here in town. So it is canned and frozen until I can get to Smart and Final or Walmart.

Some days I miss Jake more than others. This morning seemed to be one of those days, as did yesterday. A lot of it depends on how busy I keep myself. I am also missing Kali Cat a lot and having a fur baby to snuggle with. I feel like I am getting closer to going over that edge of having a kitty and not having a kitty. Kali Cat was so much company for me. I like having another living, breathing soul in the house.

Here is a photo I saw online this morning. Made me smile, so I kept it. It is NOT one of mine.


I changed the filter for the house AC yesterday. It was pretty clogged. Then I got out my pipe bender and bolt cutters and modified one of the wire shower caddies so that it hangs off the knobs instead of the rail on the door. That will make it much more useful. I had been wanting to do that for a while and decided there was no time like the present. The hardest part was going out in the shed to get the tools and put them back. I usually try to clean the AC filters, but this one was pretty bad, so I just put a new one in instead. I don’t have the type of vacuum that I can easily use to clean them. There are four filters left in the closet and I will either have to buy some or make them last. 

I don't know what it is about this corner of the patio, but I just had to spray for ants again! I have to do it about once a week. I can deal with it as long as they stay out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment