Saturday, August 29, 2015

Rain spout, jacket and pumpkins

Today I am going to start with photos. This is a pic of one of the storms that pass thru here. They call this a rain spout. Most of the time it misses us, but this one actually passed over us on Thursday and we got some much needed rain. Not a lot, and it didn’t do a whole lot to cool things down, but it made for happy trees.

Yesterday I got myself showered, dressed and off to the hardware store and post office. I also decided to hit the thrift shop that is open the opposite days of Sal’s and found this for $4. 

I had just seen the pumpkin below online the day before. I am going to make something very similar. I did have to go back to the hardware store for more orange paint tho. I had only picked up one can, so I bought two more. I would rather have too much paint than not enough paint. This will have to be done some morning early when it isn’t too hot out.

I finally got myself to deal with the jacket that had the bunny fur on the collar. Got tired of seeing it hanging on the back of the chair.  I managed to take the collar apart, remove the fur strip and stitched it back together. It isn’t perfect, but I like it so much better without the fur on it. You can see the fur strip in the upper left, and it stuck straight up from the collar. That is the only place on the jacket that had it, and it was just weird. As Sandra said, it ruined a perfectly good jacket. The photo doesn’t do the jacket justice. It is much prettier than that.

And last but not least, the progress I have made on Nevaeh’s vanity tray. I found a bracelet with (unfortunately) plastic turquoise beads at the thrift shop, took it apart and will be using all the beads in the basket. These are the four largest beads. The ones for the sides of the basket are considerably smaller. I might get to that part today. We’ll see. It is going to be another hot day so I won’t be doing much outside at all.

I tracked the package I sent off to Ellen, and it is at the post office waiting for her to pick it up. I’m anxious to see if she likes it. That is the first basket that has left home. And I picked up my order of pine needles at the post office yesterday plus my white sharpies for the rock cactus. I also got a bottle of lighter green paint while I was at the hardware store. They actually have a decent selection of acrylic paints. I discovered that the last time I was there.

Took the scooter over to G Street to see how the guy was doing on the trench for the new electrical line. He was almost done at noon time, so I called the electrician and let them know it was ready.  Hopefully it won’t be too long before they are back and get that completed.

My kiln has made it to Indianapolis…I bought an appliance cord for it yesterday. Hoping 9 feet will be long enough. Once I have the kiln, I really want to try metal clay. It’s expensive stuff, so it will have to wait until I get some money coming in. In the meantime, I will work with the glass that I have and try out my molds.

I spoke to Jan at the hardware store briefly yesterday. She has several applicants, I’m hoping that Larry puts in a good word for me. I would much rather work there than DG. But if worse comes to worse, I will take whatever I can get. I told her my schedule was open and that I had no commitments and that I could work whatever hours and days. Hope that helps too. I have always been pleasant and friendly when I went in there, and she knows me on sight now. I also mentioned that I have a lot of cashier experience, which is what the job is. 

Next week is supposed to be in the lower 100’s. I’m hoping it is a trend and it starts to cool off some. I really want to be outdoors as much as possible and to be able to open the windows and turn off the AC.

Well, I guess that is about all I have today. Not sure what I am going to do today. I want to spend some time on the basket, but might try repainting a couple of rock cactus first now that I have the white sharpie and lighter green paint. Break up the day a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment