Thursday, October 16, 2014

A lot of walking

Was a full day yesterday. I did about a three mile walk in the morning. Lots of desert pics, not much wild life. I did startle two rabbits and one lizard while walking and saw a big garter snake on my way back. It was about three feet long.

I got a nice shower in my own shower yesterday morning, a splurge. The next one will be in the bath house tho, I can’t fill up my tanks too soon, or I will have to break camp and go dump them. 

After lunch, Gail Warner, a lady on one of my FB groups stopped in for a meet and a visit. She stayed a while and then headed off to her next destination. Was a nice visit. We learned a lot about each other in our short visit, and we may see more of each other in the future. She is considering getting a motorhome. She has been doing her trip in a rental car, and staying at motels and hotels. She is from the outer banks on the Carolina coast. Might be a future stop in there somewhere. 

Later in the afternoon, the ladies all went to walk their dogs, and invite me along. That was fun. Although I didn’t really need the walk as I had already had a good one in the morning.

The ladies gave me some advice about my water hookup yesterday. They recommended that I just fill my fresh water tank and use that instead of hooking up and having constant water pressure. Some people have had issues with flooding as the pressure is too much for the system. I do have a regulator on my hookup, but I think I am going to take their advice anyway. I will do what I did last week, leave the hose hooked up with the nozzle on it so I can use it any time, just not hooked up to Ody.

My back is hurting. It could be all the walking, or it could be the bed. But I am going to keep walking and keep trying to loose some more weight. Christine took a picture of all of us yesterday, and I am still the biggest one, even tho I have lost some weight already. I still have a lot more to go. I hate the way I look in pictures, but I guess I should get used to it. I have not pulled out my smallest jeans to try them yet. But I did wear a belt and tucked in my shirt for the very first time in years yesterday. And, it was a belt I couldn’t wear a couple of months ago. I needed the belt for my water bottle. It is supposed to hang over your shoulder, but I hate having stuff on my neck, including my camera. I clipped the water bottle to my belt with a caribiner.

Today I am going to setup my screen house and get Kali Cat outside for a while. I’m hoping she doesn’t figure out how to go under it. Plus, it will be beneficial at sunset as that is when the mosquitos are the worst and they drive everyone inside. I might take the bike down today too. I know, I keep saying that, but it is such a pain in the ass to get back up there, it doesn’t seem worth the trouble. Thinking more and more about that scooter. If I do that, I will have to figure out how to haul it. I may have to give up my tool box in the back. I’d rather not tho, that is acting as my shed. Maybe I could put the scooter on top of it. At least for short distances. I wish there were some way to get my jeep out to me, but it would probably be cheaper to just buy something. And I hope they get it sold soon.

I’m thinking Yuma, Howard and Barbara, will be my next destination. I’m hoping they won’t mind if I hang around long enough to get some stuff delivered. It is time I start thinking about getting my composting toilet ordered so I can get that installed before I hit Quartzsite. I’m looking forward to seeing them, it has been over a year. Another of my online friends installed a C-Head in her Phoenix Cruiser, and I just messaged her to see how it is working out for her. Would be nice not to have to worry about the black tank, and the process I have to go thru currently.

Kali Cat went on the all canned food diet yesterday. She also got some rotisserie chicken at lunch. Supposedly, clean people food is ok for them according to my research. Plus, she likes it. :) Anything I can do to make her happy is good. 

Well, that is about all I have this morning. I have been up since 3 ish, so I am going to try to get another hour of sleep while it is still dark.

https://plus.google.com/u/1/photos/105637523870533736044/albums/6070878254565086833

I walked about three miles this morning. Went to the end of the boat ramp - which is closed right now. It was quite a climb going back up. I wasn't sure if I could walk that far today after yesterday, but I did it. I also met some new people. Sylvia and Al. Might see them in Q in December.

I aso setup the screen house under the picnic table enclosure and brought Kali Cat out. She was somewhat distressed, but we will keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment