Sunday, October 26, 2014

Headed towards Yuma

I'm getting a late start this morning. Have only been up a little while, but really want to get a shower before I hit the road. Kali Cat has had her dry kibble, her pre-ride breakfast. She finished the last of her meds last night. That should save me a few scratches on my leg, won't take as long to fix her dinner.

Considered trying to reach the Cracker Barrel in Tucson today, but it is about 50 miles further than I can comfortably drive. Checked out Benson, but the Wal Mart there is a no park, as is most of them along route 10. So with a little more searching, I found this site...
http://www.findfuelstops.com/truck-stop-on-I-10 I found a Love's Truck Stop that welcomes RV's, so that is my target for today. That will get me almost half way to Yuma. I should pull in to Barbara and Howard's drive way some time tomorrow afternoon, unless I get a really early start in the morning. This Love's also has propane, so I can get that filled while I am there. Get all gassed up and ready to leave early in the AM. They have a deli too so I won't have to worry about fixing dinner. I'm looking forward to having electricity for a few days.

Denise arrived yesterday. She has a huge class A, a toad and a Harley. She reminds me of a friend of mine, and I like her. She is a character. She is also the first Canadian I have met in this journey. She will be at Q in a couple of weeks, as will Barbara and  most everyone else I have met so far. I also met Doug, who has a 5'er and is parked on the other side of the primitive area. He showed us his rig, it is very nice, and his new solar setup. I really have to get serious about solar when I hit Q. I don't need a lot, just enough to keep the house batter topped off.

I got my bike ride in late yesterday. Was still a lot of work, but played with the gears and found one that was fairly comfortable. Got it hung back up on the back and all secured and ready to go. Will have to deal with the tire at some point. And get a better hand pump.

Took my first NORMAL BP reading yesterday. I don't know how accurate  my little machine is, but I usually get pre-hypertensive. So that was a bright spot in my day. Just did my Sunday blood sugar, and that is below 100 (96) for the first time in a very long time, and I feel OK. It is right where it is supposed to be.

Well, if I am going to get on the road before 10, I need to get moving. Shower, securing, walk around, etc. Then I get the fun job of dumping my tanks, haven't decided if I am going to fill my fresh water tank yet, that is an additional stop. Probably won't need it between now and Yuma...


No comments:

Post a Comment