Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Ahhh..Yuma

Made it to Yuma in just about three hours. Being so tired, it is a good thing I drove the extra miles the day before, and am happy I didn’t have to yesterday.

After a little rearranging, we got Ody in and parked for the duration. Hooked up to water, electric and satellite TV. I only got four channels on my antenna, and they were all in spanish. Although I didn’t get to watch DWTS and Castle last night. I somehow got myself in to Sirius Radio and couldn’t figure out how to get back. The TV feed was full of static and was pushing all my buttons last night anyway, so I guess it is just as well. I will get a different coax cable today and see if that makes a difference.



I have a bunch of stuff I want to do while I am here. I already have an appointment for my eyes tomorrow and will most likely be getting new glasses. I want to get my A1C checked, and I want to look at towable cars. Howard can help with that. Today Barbara and I are going grocery shopping and maybe visit the prison.  I also want to go the Verizon store and see about getting a different wifi plan. This one is costing way too much. No free wifi here. 

It is still hot here in Yuma and is supposed to warm up as the week progresses. Thankfully, I can run the AC on the 15 amp service, as long as I don’t run anything else like the water heater or the microwave or coffee maker. If I need to run any of those, I will have to turn off the AC. I turned it off before I went to sleep last night and opened up the door and windows and turned on my fans. I slept quite well. Woke up a couple of times, but went back to sleep. I needed it. I am grateful to have the power to be able to run the AC.

Kali Cat went out for a little while yesterday. First time since Magnolia beach. The yard here is completely enclosed, so I don’t think she will go far, and it is quite a large yard. I won’t let her out unless I am out there with her, and she can’t go out when Peanut (the dog) is out because he doesn’t like cats. But she had that sniffing thing going on where the mouth is open. She looks so funny when she does that. 

She rode well yesterday, no accidents. Yay. The next ride will only be an hour and a half, and then we will be in for the winter other than going out to get water and propane. I have switched the fridge over to electric and will fill the propane before I head to Q. If I only use that for the fridge, I should get a couple months out of a tank.

Was really nice to be able to use my Keurig this morning. The french press is ok, but I don’t care for the grounds in my coffee, and it is a pain in the ass to clean out every day. And to try and keep the grounds from going down the drain.

Just tracked the rest of my packages, and they should be here today. My new TV antenna, the new light fixture for over the sink, and a couple other things. Oh, my tire covers too. Time to concentrate on some wheels. Either two or four. Haven’t decided which. If I go with two, I will need to get the scooter ordered today or tomorrow. I don’t really want to over stay my welcome here. Maybe there is some place I can just buy one here instead of ordering it. Two would be a lot less expensive and easier to haul, but it will also limit how far I can go and how much I can carry. Four would be a lot more expensive, but would open up the range and load considerably. I'm thinking for now tho, I should start with a scooter, then upgrade after the jeep sells.

I just ordered a tent style bike storage unit. I will need some outdoor storage at Q, and this will go up and down like a tent. Fully enclosed, unlike my screen house. I may use that too as an extra room, and maybe will get KC adjusted to being in it. She won’t be able to be loose there, coyotes everywhere that kill anything. Just read this morning about someones dog that got killed by a coyote last night.  I will figure it all out as I go.

Well, if I am going to be dressed and ready to go shopping, I need to get moving. The water is hot, time for a shower in my own shower. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment