Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tour of Yuma and the prison

Was a full day yesterday. Barbara was ready to go at 10, and off we went. She gave me the grand tour of down town Yuma, and we stopped at a thrift shop, and then went and toured the old prison. That was kind of fun. I got lots of photos, but haven’t transferred them yet. I will try to get them processed today if I can.

We had lunch at the Paradise Casino, criss crossed the California border a couple of times, and did a fair amount of driving around. I took a little break when we got back before Howard and I went to the hardware store for the coax for the TV, and then Wal Mart for me to pick up a few other things I had on my list. 

Got the new coax cable hooked up, but it didn’t help much. I tried watching a little TV last night, but it started irritating me, so I turned it off. I am going to disconnect it today, and hopefully get the new TV antenna that arrived yesterday, installed. I am hoping that will make a huge difference. I also got the LED light fixture for over the sink and hope to get that installed too. Then I want to try and fix the one that smoked and use it to start replacing, one by one, the old fixtures with the new LED bulbs I got a while back. If I can’t fix it, at least I will have a new LED light over the sink. One is better than none. I will get the others modified at some point.

I went to the Verizon store to see about wifi. I didn’t buy anything. They want me to switch my phone, turn in my old phone that works just fine, and sign up for two years. Cost, $190 a month.  I can’t commit to that. Granted, I would have a lot more internet, maybe even enough, but it is just too much money and too long to commit without any income. I think I am going to stay with my prepaid for a while. Things are changing in the mobie wifi world, so I think if I am patient, it will be worth the wait. I will just have to be a little more thrifty with my usage.

I picked up a couple of sweatshirts and a pair of jeans at the thrift shop along with one dressy jacket thing. I need to wash everything, and I am due to do laundry anyway, so I need to squeak that in sometime. I have access to a washer and dryer here, so the only thing I will have to do by hand is the jacket thing.

Got my tire covers too. The little tent garage thing I ordered yesterday is on back order, so I am canceling that. Tomorrow Howard and I are going to look at scooters. I’m hoping I find something I like, and isn’t too heavy. I can’t carry it on the back right now because of the tool box, so it will have to come inside for the hour and a half ride to Q. Friday, we are all going to Mexico. That will be fun. I will make sure I have at least one camera and a spare battery for that outing. I didn’t have a camera yesterday and had to use my phone. 

Today is grocery shopping and eye appointment. And I need to walk. I haven’t walked since I have been here, and I ate way too much yesterday, and foods that I normally don’t eat. I have had french fries twice this week, so I can’t have any more for a while. Last night was spaghetti and sausage with garlic bread and a salad. I ate it all. It was very good, but not the best food for my diet and my health. Plus, I stuffed myself. 

Still need to figure out where to get my A1C checked before I leave, but don’t need to do everything the first few days. 

It hit the 90’s yesterday. But it has been cooling down to the lower 60’s at night, so I turn off the AC and open up the doors and windows. I even used a blanket part of the night last night. I am waking up a couple of times a night, still adjusting to the fourth time change since I started.

We talked about Jake some yesterday. It was nice to be able to talk about him, but I had another one of those Jake leaving me dreams this morning. Those leave me hurting and upset all over again, and it takes me hours to shed the emotions. I haven’t had one of those in a long time. And they make me miss him all over again. Every one of those dreams are different, yet they are all the same. And they all have the same effect. And I do miss him, every single day.

There is a feral chicken on Ody’s roof right now. Something scared them. Strange… :) Ody will definitely need a bath when we leave here, and she already needed one. 

I’m going to have to get rid of some more stuff when I get settled at Q. I’m thinking another yard sale. I have a bunch of stuff I am hauling around, that is just taking up space. Plus, I need to rearrange my cupboards and pull out stuff I am not using and put in stuff I do use. It is getting too crowded in here. I am in hopes of clearing one of the bunks and to be able to use it as a bunk, and get my dinette up and useable in the front. That will open things up quite a bit. I do spend as much time outside as I can, but there will be times I will be stuck inside, and it is hard to move around in here. I am constantly moving stuff around to be able to function.

Well, I need to get myself moving so I can get a walk in before we go grocery shopping. It is nice and cool right now. Not sure which direction I will head in, but will take my camera. 

Kali Cat is eating well. She is getting a can of food a day and asking for more. Not sure if I should give her more or not. Will have to do a little research on that. Maybe a hand full of dry kibble for between meals won't hurt too much. I hate to see her asking for food, and she is skinny and can afford to gain a little weight. Maybe there is a pet store here where I can buy some UTI specific dry food. I would feel better about giving her dry food then. I know when Char Lee had her UTI, she was put on Science Diet, and it worked. I will have to ask. Or maybe the grocery store has it. I know Wal Mart doesn't, I have looked.

The sun is up, time to get moving!

Here are yesterday's photos and this morning's walk...

Workout: Walk
Date: Oct 29, 2014
Distance: 2.47 mi
Duration: 49:19
I lost about ten minutes because I didn't pause the app when I went into a store... To view 'Walked 2.47 mi on 10/29/14', follow the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment