Saturday, June 13, 2015

Getting hotter by the day

The rest of my day yesterday calmed down. I called the sprinkler timer company and have two new parts on the way. Called Jorge to come look at the line on the north oleanders. He said he would, but I haven’t seen him yet. I cut up my melons, made a cucumber and tomato salad, then took the waste to the dumpster. Vicki and I went to the post office where I picked up both shade cloths, my new headphones and my LED night lights. I now have a night light outside by the very scary steps. Also one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. The first batch of night lights was cheap chinese crap and one didn’t work at all. I will toss those.

By the time I got all that done it was lunch time. I settled in with some leftovers and a book. Had the book finished around 3, too early to turn on the TV so I worked on my basket. I am making progress on it. There was nothing on TV worth watching last night so I watched some more season three of Castle and continued to work on my basket until my hands started to cramp. I will probably do more on it today.


This morning I don’t need to walk, and want to get the new shade cloth up for the car. The temps are predicted to be up to 112 by Wednesday, and I want as much protection for the car as I can get. It is close to 90 degrees this morning and the sun isn’t even up yet. I’m not liking the excessive heat much, but so far my AC is working great. So is the car AC.

The headphones are very nice and work well, but are too big for exercising. I guess I will have to stick with the ear buds and just deal with it. I do like walking with tunes, makes the time go faster.

I don’t have anything planned for today. I am starting to feel like I want to get out of here for a day. I might see if Keith wants to do something Monday or Tuesday. Go somewhere and do something. My days are all starting to run together and it is still early in the season. I invited Vicki for a movie night tonight, but she didn’t seem interested. So I will just do it myself.

At some point I need to get out my sewing machine and make some cushion covers. I have the outdoor material for the two chairs, plus I have all the material I need for the recliner and foot stool. And I need to make a cover for the scooter seat. It gets way too hot in the sun since it is black vinyl. I think I will use an old towel for that. Easy to remove and wash and thick enough to protect my legs from getting burned. I’m thinking drawstring for that and the foot stool. Easy. The recliner isn’t going to be easy tho, which is why I haven’t started it yet. I could get the material washed and ready tho. 

Well, the sun is up and in my eyes. Time to get showered and dressed and deal with the shade cloth for the car. Figure out how to hang that without making any holes anywhere since it isn’t my property.

No comments:

Post a Comment