Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My second basket is done!

It was HOT yesterday, I think we hit 117 degrees. I went to the post office, my Lodge cast iron pots for solar cooking were there. Then I went to DG and picked up a few things. I was beginning to think I wasn’t going to find anything at Sal’s but ended up with a velvet jacket and some green tea in cute little tins. 

Before I went out, I did my chores, vacuuming and dusting, and I cut up half my watermelon and froze the bananas that were going bad. Also dealt with the avocados that I had that were getting soft. That way when I went out, I could take the garbage to the dumpster and not have the rind and peels sitting under my sink gathering flies. I finished up putting stuff away around 11 and got to work on my basket. I finished the basket about 9:30 last night. Here it is…


I’m pleased with it. It is only my second basket, and I need to get better at hiding my knots, and I also think I am wrapping it too tight. Practice. Will be interesting to see what my next one will be like. 

I think I am going to buy a clothes dryer. Just like the one I had in IP, 110v. It will just fit in the space above the washer. There are things I don’t like to hang outside and this would solve that problem. Walmart has it for less than what I paid for the first one. Going to sit on it a few days tho. I have to decide if I really want to spend $300 of what little money I have left.

Haven’t heard anything about the job. Going to have to do something soon.

I still don’t know where we are going today. Looking forward to getting out tho.

Thursday I am supposed to go to Pam’s and learn how to wax and preserve my baskets. One of the reasons I pushed to get this one completed.

Slept fairly well last night…with help. Only up once, got up at 4:30. No scheduled watering today, so no walk. We will probably walk later, so am not too worried about it.

There isn’t much to write about since I am holed up in the house. It is time for me to get in the shower and get my stuff together for today. 

1 comment: