Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Nice morning

I only managed five hours of sleep last night and have already showered, dressed and have been out for my walk. I also swept the patio, swapped the chairs, and am now reading the news and seeing what is new on FB.

Vicky showed up at 11 yesterday and wanted to grab lunch before her hair appointment so we went to Carl’s Jr and got fish sandwiches. I got the fried zucchini as well. It was pretty good. We made it to her appointment but her hairdresser was running behind. It was after 2 by the time we got out of there. By the time we hit Kmart, Ace Hardware, and Smart and Final, it was 4:30 when we headed back to town.

I need to go to the post office today, plus I want to hit DG and Salvation Army. Before that I need to clean and freeze 4 lbs of strawberries, cut a watermelon and gather my garbage together so I can toss that in the dumpster on my way out. I’m hoping to have several packages at the post office.

Before we left yesterday I managed to get some eggs boiled and the three acorn squash Pam gave me cooked, cleaned and frozen. I also did the dusting I blew off the day before. The kitchen and bathroom floors need to be washed, but I will wait until after I have done the strawberries and watermelon. I may have to buy a little freezer. Mine is pretty full. I have been trying to use up some stuff that is in there, but I keep adding stuff. The only place I could put one is outside, so I don’t know if it would be able to keep up in the heat of summer. I did order a shelf to go at the end of the kitchen counter to put the ice machine on so I can get that off the dining room table. 

It was beautiful walking at 5 this morning. Cool, light but not sunny. I’m going to shoot for that every day. I also turned off my water heater for the season yesterday. There is no such thing as cold water here unless it has been refrigerated. Will take a little adjustment to showering in luke warm water, but it will help compensate in electrical usage for the AC.

I got out my green zero gravity chair yesterday and put it in the corner of the patio by the shed. It is a nice place to sit in the morning because it is in full shade and is right by the door so it gets the breeze. That is where I am at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment