Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Cactus Wrens

It’s already hot this morning. Was 82 when I came out at 5:30, and is already in the 90’s. There is a high heat warning for today.

I got all my chores and errands done yesterday. Stopped at the hardware store and picked up some replacement parts for the park watering system, the post office where the two replacement valves had arrived, and then went to Sal’s. I picked up a crock pot, a chopper/blender, a pair of long pants and a fitted denim jacket, all for $12. Score. Not like I need any more clothes. I did take all the stuff that didn’t fit or I didn’t like and donated them to Sal’s. Some of the pants I had bought fit in the waist, but were too short in the leg, I was given some stuff in colors I don’t use.

I didn’t bother with groceries. I need to use up some of what I have before I buy more. I also got all the garbage and cardboard to the dumpsters. By the time I got everything done, it was almost lunch time, so I had some lunch and read a book. Maybe today, with an earlier start, I will get the cushion covers made. 

I haven’t tested the crock pot, but the chopper/blender works. I took a few minutes and washed everything and cleaned that up. I will test the crock pot when I get my beeswax. I will have to find a place to store it. Maybe my outdoor work bench. I can run an extension to that.

I got a call on Ody from a guy in Surprise AZ, but he only had 20K. I told him the lowest I would go would be 24K. I’m hoping he can scare up the extra 4K and I will get her sold. That will take some of the pressure off my finances. Plus, I got a call from AZ Western College. I have an interview on Monday of next week. The woman is coming to Q to do the interviews so I won’t have to go far. Now to figure out what to wear in 100 plus degrees for an interview. I’m thinking skirt since shorts probably wouldn’t be acceptable. Wish me luck. I could use the income. I will have to haul out the ironing board and iron for the first time in years. I’m not getting too excited about it, there are several applicants.

Some morning while it is still cool (cool is relative), I need to replace the valve on the north oleanders and the head on one of the trees on E street. Both should be easy. Just time consuming in the testing stage. I don’t think Jorge ever came to look at the north oleander system. If he did, he didn’t fix it.

I have a couple of cactus wrens hanging out under the grapefruit tree along with a few doves and bunnies. I got some good pics late yesterday. There is also a yellow bird that I have seen a few times, but haven’t gotten any photos yet. The wrens didn’t take off when I went to get the camera. I just need to remember to bring it out with me when I come out. In cooler weather I would just leave the camera by my chair, but it is too hot to leave it out right now.

The extension part of my misting system came yesterday, now all I need is the actual system itself. I got an in line shut off while I was at the hardware store and some rubber washers just in case. I will have to find my 25ft hose in the shed, but I have a pretty good idea where it is. Will be nice to get that put up and useable. Hoping it will make the patio bearable during the day and I can spend a little more time outdoors.

I was going to order a bountiful basket this week, but it doesn’t look like it is available here in Q. La Paz county isn’t in the list so I can’t order. Oh well. Will try again next week. Looking forward to the farmers market coming back in September or October. I can spend the same money and get to choose what I want instead of whatever comes in the box.

I have to remember to close the back windows in the car the next time I use it, being monsoon season, it is also haboob (dust storm) season. I really don’t want to have to clean the inside of the car. All my house windows are closed already.

1 comment:

  1. Be very careful dealing with someone long distance with Ody. Have money in hand before turning over Ody.

    ReplyDelete