Friday, June 5, 2015

More USPS woes

Yet another return to shipper during the whole USPS saga. My shade cloth, which wouldn’t allow me to put a PO Box number in when I ordered it, was shipped via USPS and was promptly retuned by the local post office because it didn’t have a box number on it. They suck. So now I am trying to order the exact same thing thru eBay, and again, it didn’t allow me to put in a po box, but at least thru ebay I can contact the seller before I complete the order. I might get it yet. I am so sick of this bullshit.

Anyway, another beautiful morning. 68 degrees at 5:30 when I was out for my walk. The north oleanders didn’t water again. This time I checked the programming on the timer and it is set for Saturday. Which is why it didn’t come on Monday or today. I will have to go reprogram the timer when I get a minute or two. 

I put together a solar oven with a milk crate, bubble foil, black spray paint and a cast iron trivet yesterday. I didn’t get it done until after 1, so I tried cooking some quinoa which is easy to cook and only takes 10 minutes in the microwave. It was almost done by 5 or 6, so it did ok. I will probably have to tweak the design, add some foil or something to concentrate the sunlight. Today I am trying a 13 bean soup and got it put on about 7:30 this morning. We’ll see if the extra hours will be enough to cook it by the end of the day. 

I also made another gallon of sun tea and finally got a light made out of one of the bird feeders. I got a little USB LED light and put that in instead of solar. I am still planning on going solar with the second bird feeder if I can. Just haven’t quite figured it out yet.

Took another shower sans water heater this morning. Once I got used to it, it wasn’t bad. A few pennies saved.

Oh, I finally heard from that woman about the job at the college. I got the application filled out, including references. I guess there are several applicants. Wish me luck.

I am going to have to make more of an effort to get Ody sold to take some of the pressure off. I am just about out of funds.

I got five hours sleep last night. Not as good as I would have liked, but much better than I had been doing. Still taking the Simply Sleep, but only took two last night instead of three.

This morning I think I am going to work on some bracelet blanks. Get them ready for inspiration. I haven’t worked on any jewelry for a while. Would be nice if I could get a few pieces made and sold. I might try a ring with the tubing too. We’ll see how hot it gets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment