Thursday, June 4, 2015

Gorgeous morning

I have already showered, dressed and walked this morning. I managed to get myself out there about 5:30. Walking with the iPod helps. I think less about the actual walking when I have tunes. I don’t like the ear buds tho which is why I bought headphones, but the headphones are crap. Both pair keep cutting out. I’m going to try one more set of headphones. If those don’t work, I guess I will have to use the ear buds.

It is a beautiful morning this morning. Temps got down to 70 over night and I actually had to put on a second shirt for my walk. Nice breeze.

Yesterday I piddled around until it was time to go to the post office. Picked up my packages and then went to DG and Salvation Army.  My usual Wednesday routine. Was nice to be out and about by myself for a change. I had a few minutes to spare before the post office opened, so I gassed up the car too. I got a shirt, a sweat shirt, and a pair of shorts at Sal’s, and a couple new nail polish colors for my toes at DG along with the coffee and eggs that I needed.

I’m trying the red wine thing. Supposedly if you drink a glass of red wine at night it is supposed to help you loose weight. I figured I would give it a try. It didn’t help me sleep, had to take some Simply Sleep after two hours, but it did keep me from snacking. That is a plus. I’ll try it for a couple of weeks see if it really works. I haven’t gained much weight, but I haven’t lost any either since I moved in. I really would like to loose some more weight. I think it is the snacking that is getting me. Seems like the minute my butt hits the chair, I want to munch.

Not sure what I am going to do today. I will be outside as long as it is nice out, and it is beautiful right now. 

I did do a load of laundry yesterday. The new sheets, my new night shirts and the things I got at Sal’s. I guess I am going to have to re learn how to wash clothes. This washer puts lint on everything I wash, and without a dryer, there is no way to get rid of it. I chatted with Mike about this yesterday and he said to do smaller, shorter loads. That this is a common problem with Kenmore washers. I have never had this problem before, but I will try his suggestions. I usually throw everything in together, as large a load as I can, but I guess I will have to start separating and doing smaller loads. Two instead of one. I hate the lint. 

Took my first shower without the hot water heater being on. It was plenty warm enough. It must have gotten warm in the tank because I wasn’t cold. That will save a few bucks this summer. I still want to try making a solar cooker. There is plenty of sunshine and it would be nice to be able to cook without using electricity. I already have the oven thermometer. I ordered that while I was still living in Ody. I had planned on making one then. I could buy one, but they are very pricy. Lots of different plans to make them online. Hmmm…maybe that is what I will do today, construct a solar cooker and cook something. I pulled the foil off the windows because they are double pane and I guess you aren’t supposed to do that with them because of the gas between the panes. I don’t think it helped much anyway, but now I can use the foil for my cooker.

Well, I guess that is about it. Time to get some breakfast and figure out my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment