Monday, June 29, 2015

Finally interview day

Yesterday was mostly about finding something to wear to today’s interview. I tried on a bunch of clothes and have narrowed it down to one of two skirts, one top and possibly a jersey jacket to hide my fat and my tattoo. We’ll see if I am up to the jacket when the time comes. I also did my chores, vacuuming, dusting and cleaning the bathroom, and last night did a small load of laundry and hung them on the drying rack in the bedroom. In the afternoon I got out the Salvation Army ironing board and iron and tested the out on the clothes for today. While it was out I also did the beige pin strip pants that needed to be ironed. Originally I had planned on wearing them, but it is just way too hot to wear long pants. 

I read a book in between my chores and had to go down/over to Vicki’s to help her with a water leak. Her hot water heater sprang a leak and she had to shut off the water to the house and I hooked up her new hose and nozzle so she could at least fill a bucket to flush the toilet. She has to go to Blythe this morning to pick up her new water heater and Jorge is supposed to install it. A pretty good turnaround. She will have hot running water by the end of the day.

So today is interview day. I have already walked this morning, and chatted with Kathy from across the street. Got the scoop on their trip and her husband’s illness. He was hospitalized while they were gone, but is on the mend now. I told her about Charlene’s accident. A nice little chat. We don’t see much of Kathy and Dale.

It’s hot. The humidity is up and we had a lightening storm last night. A little bit of wind and a few drops of rain, but it didn’t cool anything down. With the higher humidity, I’m sweating a lot. I ran the mister for a little while yesterday afternoon so I could be outside, but I can’t have anything with me that can’t handle being wet, so no electronics. No reading.

This afternoon I want to seal my last basket. That means trying out the crockpot and melting down a block of beeswax. I have to dig up a paintbrush (unused). I should do that before it gets too warm. I know I have some in the shed somewhere. I think I will start a new basket tomorrow.

The north oleanders were watering when I checked them this morning. No thanks to Jorge. Fixed it myself. 

I want to take my shower as late as possible, but not so late that my hair is wet. I’m going to do a pony tail braid to get it off my neck.

The gum works for my walk in the morning and I tried it for my cravings last night. It did the trick. I did find some all natural gum on Amazon and got that ordered. No artificial sweeteners and only 2.5 calories per stick. I was hungry in the middle of the night so I had a handful of almonds and went back to sleep. I will be glad when the nights start cooling off again, it is much easier to sleep when it is cooler and I won’t have to run the AC and a bunch of fans. It would be nice to have a few days under a hundred degrees too, even one would be nice. But it will be a while before we see that. This morning it was 87 degrees when I walked at 5 with 41% humidity. That is high for here. Partly cloudy skies.

1 comment:

  1. anxious to hear you post today. hope things work out for you

    ReplyDelete