Thursday, July 16, 2015

Eating out...again

I spent a good part of the day working on the new basket. I don’t know what it is going to look like, but I did make some progress. I have quite a bit more done than this picture shows...


I had to put it down and get changed because Vicki wanted to go get something to eat. We went to Quizno’s about half way between here and Blythe. It is a truck stop counter but at least they had a place to sit. We also hit several of the other truck stops on the way back because she was looking for a neck pillow for the flight tomorrow. I bought a 12v crock pot at one of the truck stops. I had been wanting one and I am going to try it out today. I will be cooking in the shed, but that is ok, it will keep the heat out of the house. I’m hoping my solar generator can handle it. If not, I will try the inverter. It is 1.5 quart, the same size is my electric one. Not sure what I am going to try in it tho, something without meat initially. Just in case. I also found a couple of 100% cotton bandanas. It is almost impossible to find the good ones these days. I needed something to keep the sweat out of my eyes when I am working outside. I bought a black one and a red one.

I had to fix the watering timer on G street this morning. Someone had turned it off because it was leaking, but no one told me. Good thing I am somewhat intelligent, I figured it out. I took it apart and put some teflon tape on it, but I really had to crank on it to stop it from dripping. I will go back and check it again in a little while. This is when the scooter comes in handy. I won’t have to walk as I have already done a mile and a half this morning. Plus it is already warm. Oh, and there was a toad in the timer hole. He was freaking out because I was in there working. I had to help him out. He didn’t go far, went and hid a foot or so away. My guess is that he will be back in there when I go back. I finally went and checked out the tool shed this morning. I was looking for rubber washers because the ones I have don’t quite fit. Didn’t find any, but now I know what is available for next time.

I have had to chase the feral black cat out of my yard quite a bit in the last week or so. Poor thing has lost most of it’s tail. I haven’t seen the other two lately. They live under the empty place next door. I had to fish a whole slice of bread out of the bird bath. Not sure who put it in there, but my guess is the black bird. He likes to dunk his/her food. Haven’t seen much of my lizards the last week or so. I had to spray for ants and I hope it didn’t hurt them. That is why I try to avoid using chemicals, but it had to be done. First I had the tiny red ants, and when I finally got rid of those, the big red ants moved in. Those I had to spray.

I figured since last night was the last time I would be eating out for a while that I would make it a good one. Had a 5 inch sub, a bag of chips and some really weak iced black tea. Then we went to DQ and got ice creams. I got a small Blizzard. It was very good. I can’t remember the last time I had ice cream. It isn’t on my list of acceptable foods. Neither was the sub or the chips. Then, last night Bea stopped by and told me they are going to Sizzler in Blythe on Sunday. I think I am going to pass on that. I weighed myself yesterday and I have gained three pounds. If I am gaining weight that means my blood sugar is having issues too. Time to curtail that. Bea tells me that I will have neighbors in the lot next door in a few weeks. The one that my patio faces, so I will have to look at whatever rig they park there. I really like having both places on either side of me empty. Oh well. 

I thought about ordering the kindle fire yesterday, but after looking a little closer, the only way to get the $60 off was to order $35 worth of accessories. That wasn’t much of a deal to me. I didn’t bother to look at anything else. I figured all their so called “deals” had similar requirements. I will order one some other time. Besides, the 32 gig were already sold out. I didn’t order anything, not even the leaf vac, although I will have to soon, the patio is covered again and the leaves would make good mulch for the grapefruit tree.

Vicki just dropped off the last of her perishables including a couple packages of rice cakes. I was down to my last few and you can’t buy them in Q in the off season. Those will get me through until the next time I go to a real grocery store. And I just spotted one of the tiny lizards, so I know there is at least one around. I haven’t checked the fountain for any fatalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment