Saturday, July 18, 2015

Fruits and veggies

It has been a busy morning so far. I have a table covered with fruit and veggies that I picked up at 6:30 this morning. I will be spending some time on those today. I got blueberries, cherries, grapes, pears, and more for fruit and sweet potatoes, corn, okra and more for veggies. The sweet potatoes are huge so I am going to cook them and cut them up and freeze them. I will probably freeze most of the blueberries too. That will keep me busy for a while.

Since I didn’t walk this morning I took a ride around the park to make sure there wasn’t any damage from yesterday’s winds. It rained all around us, but we didn’t get enough to even mention. 

I went to the post office, the hardware store for a replacement hose for the shower, and to the market for bunny carrots. I picked up a few other things while I was there too. Then I came back and did some more work on the basket. I am hoping to wrap this one up by some time tomorrow. It is looking pretty good. I need to figure out how to put some more beads in/on it, and I am going to finish it up with another blue.


I went across the street this morning to see Rusty about a couple of scroll work basket bases. Also to see what he had for discards he wanted to get rid of. I only have two resin bases left. He said he would see what he could do. He does beautiful scroll work.

I have someone coming to look at my grapefruit tree to see about pruning it. It is technically the wrong season, but it isn’t producing (other than the two it has) anyway, and it does need some attention. He is on his way now, and after that I have a table full of produce that has to be dealt with. Then more basket work.

No comments:

Post a Comment