Sunday, July 5, 2015

It was a good day

Yesterday was a good day. I read in the morning after I finally got around to getting my shower and dressed. I tried to dress in red, white and blue. I ended up with denim shorts, red tank, and had to settle on my hair and nails for the white. I didn’t plan ahead very well and it was a last minute polish on my nails. I should have made myself a piece of jewelry to wear. I don’t usually do much on holidays, so I am not prepared for them. 

The pot luck was good. Vickie cooked the ribs and they were just the way I like them, well done. Lots of other good stuff and I did well until desert. Keith bought a cheesecake and I had to have a piece. Since he is heading out on his trip he had me bring the leftovers home with me, so I had to have a second piece later in the afternoon. There are still four pieces in the freezer and I am going to see how long I can resist them.

Here are a few pics from the pot luck....






It was hot in the club house (even hotter outdoors) as it doesn’t have AC, but they had fans blowing everywhere and the ceiling fans going too, so it was bearable. I sat with Keith and Larry and Lois moved over to our table. Vickie sat at another table.  (?) I’m not going to get upset about it. It is what it is. Everyone seemed to like my italian salad. It was much better with regular italian salad dressing than the lite version. I don’t use it on my salads, so I think I will stock the regular version from now on. It makes a good marinade too. 

I finished up my book just in time to see the news and watch Air America on Laff TV. I had seen it before, but it was a very young Mel Gibson and Harry Connick Jr. Haven’t watched one of my new movies yet. Will probably see a couple of them today. Burritos for dinner and watermelon for desert.

I am planning on starting a new basket today. I don’t have anything on my agenda for the day except making some fresh hummer juice. I vacuumed and washed the floor yesterday and did a load of laundry. All my favorites needed to be washed. I’m doing a lot more laundry because you can’t get more than one wear out of anything in this heat.

The sky is clear today so I may try solar cooking something. There is a recipe for pasta with tomatoes and other veggies that I think I will try - but without the pasta. I will use quinoa instead. I will get to use one of my new cast iron pots. 

I slept fairly well last night. Up in the wee hours for the bathroom, but directly back to sleep. Woke about 4:20. Just barely enough time for my first cup of coffee before my walk. Today it was everything but B Street and the north oleanders. I get about a 1.25 mile walk every morning either way, sometimes a little more. Not bad for someone that hates exercise, and yes, the music helps. If I am listening to the music I am not paying attention to the actual walking and it goes much faster and easier. Some mornings are harder than others. A lot depends on the temperature and humidity because I keep up a pretty good pace. 

Guess that is about all this morning. Need to sweep the patio (again), and make hummer juice. Then shower and clean clothes and start a new basket. I think I am going to have another iced coffee first tho, it is Sunday after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment