Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Crockett Texas

Made it safely to the Walmart in Crockett TX. Mostly secondary roads today. Very pretty country and went thru part of the Davy Crockett National Forest. There were historical markers every couple of miles. I didn't stop.

Kali Cat had a rough time of it this morning, we had a bit of a barf about an hour into the drive, but she just had her snacks and is purring, so all is good.

So, I am still having trouble getting and staying cool. This morning my little jump starter that I was using to power my 12v fan was dead. Wouldn't take a charge.  I'm sitting here in the parking lot at WM in Crockett TX, in the full sunshine, have the generator running to keep the AC going for both me and Kali Cat. 

Went into WM to buy another jumper (that thing has saved me more than once and served me well), and they didn't have anything I went in there for. Not the jumper I wanted, no portable power source that was acceptable, AND... NO FANS! Sold out. Go figure. Ended up with a couple inexpensive very light weight t shirts, coffee, and a new coax cable for cable hookup at campgrounds.

Found everything I needed online from Amazon, a couple more battery operated fans, a vornado air mover, a replacement jumper just like the one that died, and I bit the bullet and also ordered the Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Generator Kit with Nomad 20 Solar Panel. Hoping this will save the jumper for it's intended purpose and as a backup to the Yeti. 


I got myself a nap this afternoon. But I had turned off the generator and AC, so it was very warm when I woke up. I'm hoping it cools down for the night. I'm just not used to all this heat.

Here are some new pics from the Dollar General project in IP. Jenn Hanlon posted them today.





No comments:

Post a Comment