Saturday, September 13, 2014

Final day, this leg

Good morning.
Not much to write about this morning. Rough night sleeping, am up early per usual. Thinking I will get an early start this morning and get thru Little Rock early. This should be my last big city for a while. I have about 3.5 hours in front of me, and it will be nice to be able to setup camp for a few days. Other than the one night at the campground, it has been a couple of weeks since I have settled and setup. I will have power and water, and will figure out the tank issue when I get there. Sandra and hubby are ready and waiting. I’m hoping for good wifi too. I need to update one of the snowmobile websites.

At the one rest stop I managed to stop at yesterday, a lady approached me and told me that she was just beginning her downsizing and wanted to chat. Her name is Beverly Schofield, from TN. She said she wrote a book, The Girl Who Dreamed of Ships. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007IRFPBM?btkr=1 We had a nice little chat, and off we went. I gave her my card and she is on FB. I also told her about all the groups on FB she could join regarding full timing.

Since this is my last Cracker Barrel for a while, I did a little xmas shopping and treated myself to the cow print throw I saw at the first one.


I have 232 miles to do today, a little over 3.5 hours. Will have to stop and gas up one more time. Hopefully today’s gas experience will be better than yesterday’s. I stopped at a Pilot truck stop, but chose the one that the whole area was under construction, the pumps were too close to the building and facing the wrong way, so once I got gassed up, I had a hard time maneuvering out. Was happy to leave that truck stop, didn’t even take a break. So I only got one break yesterday about 30 miles out from here. Was a long day driving, 5 plus hours to do 273 miles. Lot of big trucks, traffic and a butt load of road construction. I leave I-40 and hit I-30 today. According to the map, no construction the rest of the way. Hopefully fewer trucks too.

It is still raining lightly, so maybe I will wait for daybreak before I leave. There really isn’t any rush except for the fact I want this leg of the journey done. It is Saturday, and there shouldn’t be any rush hour traffic either.


No comments:

Post a Comment