Monday, September 8, 2014

Happy Camper

Yesterday was exhausting. I was on the road from 8:30 to almost 7 PM. Some crazy driving. Connecticut drivers are the worst! They don't do Yield, passing on the left and the right, just cruising.

I used Google maps to map out the route. Unknown to me, RT 15 was passenger cars only, nothing over 8ft. By the time I saw the sign, it was too late to turn back. That was pretty scary, especially after I had to go thru a tunnel. By that time I was ready to get off that highway. I may get a ticket for that too, I saw a chopper directly overhead at the beginning.

I already posted about getting lost when I got off 15. Got myself out of that. :)

I finally found a place to pull over at a Pilot Truck Stop in Hampton NJ. Surprisingly, I slept fairly well in spite of all the noise. I was exhausted.

Got myself a jumbo coffee, a breakfast sandwich and a couple bottles of water for the ride, but when I got on the road, I was having difficulty seeing. I must have strained my eyes yesterday. So I decided to head for a Wal Mart Supercenter and get the house battery replaced, pick up a few groceries and find a place to park for the rest of the day and night.

Can't park at the WM here in Carlilse, but there was a Cracker Barrel right around the corner, so here I sit with free wifi, an operating generator and three channels on the TV. I am charging up everything that needs charging and will see what the battery condition is in the AM. If all is good, off I go. Hoping my eyes have rested enough. I got in about 140 miles today, which is better than nothing, and got a lot accomplished as well.

I'm happy to have power, a place to park and free wifi. Can't ask for anything more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment