Thursday, September 11, 2014

Learning curve and my first campground

I popped the master circuit breaker on the generator this morning. Was trying to make a cup of coffee with the AC going, and most likely, since it had only been running a few minutes, the hot water heater. Took me a little while to get it back up and running, but I did it. There is a breaker on the generator itself. Go figure. A real learning curve. :) But I am learning. 

I have revised my plan for today. I am passing Nashville and headed to Hurricane Mills, TN. There is a campground there with full hookups right off the highway, and I need to empty my tanks and refill my fresh water. I really, really need a shower this morning after sitting here and sweating in the heat yesterday. Was also quite warm last night - all night. Plus, they have laundry facilities, etc. A short break for KC, and a chance to be outside the rig for a few hours. I don’t wander far from Ody and I don’t want to leave KC, and I’m afraid something might happen. So I have basically been in this rig for five days. Time to get out for a little while. I’m going to have to stop anyway, might as well make it comfortable.

I crashed very early last night. Woke up a couple of times as I was too warm. Ended up opening the outside door around 2:30 to get a cross breeze going. 

There was one other big rig that pulled in late yesterday, and I see an 18 wheeler is here too. So I wasn’t alone.

Surprisingly, I’m sleeping quite well in parking lots. I was worried about that.

I’m also working through the nervous stomach thing when I think about driving. I have five days under my belt and am feeling more comfortable with it.

There is free wifi here, but it keeps cutting out, so I am using my own this morning. I didn’t get to watch anything on TV or the computer because I can’t use up all my own wifi watching TV, and I didn’t want to run the generator to run the TV.

OK, I just made my first campground reservation. A KOA in Hurricane Mills, TN. Drive thru, 30 amp, water and sewer. Will be a nice treat after dry camping in parking lots, and hopefully KC will be able to go out too. This also means I get my shower this morning. :) And will have real electricity tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment