Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The heat is exhausting.

Not much to write about today. Yesterday was 98 degrees in the shade and it rained twice. The second storm was pretty nasty, but it cooled down a little after that, and it was cool enough to turn off the AC before going to bed. I can’t remember the last time I used a blanket of any kind, including last night. It is currently 65 degrees and feels cold! The minute the sun comes out tho, it will warm up almost immediately. If it stays comfortable long enough, I will clean Ody today. Definitely past due. I haven’t vacuumed since the campground, and the broom only gets the big stuff.

I need to think about swapping out my blue quilt with something that will hold up to the wear and tear of daily use. The quilt is unhappy about being used the way it is and a couple of the seams have ripped out. Not sure what I have that I can swap it with, and then there is the issue of the shams, which are storage for other items and cushions for sitting against. I could make a couple of shams if I had a sewing machine. Maybe I will look at Walmart the next time I stop. I would order something online, but where would I have them shipped?

I basically watched TV all day. It was way too hot to move, and was exhausting. 98 degrees in the shade. I did do a load of laundry and rigged up a line in Ody to hang them. They dried pretty fast. I used sheetrock screws and stretch cord to go around the perimeter of the cargo area. I think I will get some screw eyes and make the line a little more permanent. But that worked for what I needed when I needed it.

Today is supposed to be cooler. Mid to upper 80’s and less humidity. If that is the case, I might take a walk…on the road of course. I am avoiding grassy areas like the plague.

Looks like I won’t be leaving here until Thursday. My solar generator is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, and my led bulbs, shipped 2nd day, won’t be here until Wednesday either. I have to say, I am about ready to move on to the next stop. 

It snowed briefly in IP yesterday. Gary sent me a pic. I can’t say that I am going to miss the snow, but I do miss the cool fall air and the foliage.



Kali Cat is much better this morning. Nice cold, wet nose, sleeping on the bed. The heat was very draining for her too, and her nose was warm thru most of it. I’m hoping the heat and humidity stay lower until I can get out of here. At least I am not eating much. Just way too hot to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment