Saturday, September 13, 2014

Hallsville TX

Sat in the restaurant and had breakfast all by myself this morning. It has been many years since I have done that. I figured breakfast is about as safe as it gets. :)

Made it to Hallsville safe and sound. Was still dark and lightly misting when I left N. Little Rock at 6:30 AM. It hasn't warmed up much, but there isn't any rain. No sun either.

Got Ody all setup with power, water and internet. All the important stuff. :) No TV tho, and it figures, I have electricity and can watch it without running the generator. I need to look into that mod for the existing roof antenna.

Only one stop this morning at the gas station to gas up.

Who the hell puts a rest area on the left side of the highway? The one I was going to stop at, I couldn't because it was on the left and I had a big rig passing me at the time. Huh? The answer is Arkansas. Then the next one, 50 miles later was closed.

Kali Cat rode under the seat again. The door is open and Sandra's cats are indoors, so she can come out if she wants, but hasn't yet.

Another random thought....75 mph speed limit on a four lane highway....had heard that about Texas. But what you didn't hear is all the driveways and houses along that highway. 55 thru commercial areas. Texas has a need for speed. Ody can't do over 65 or she starts to shake. Not that I would want to anyway.

I don't know how long we will be staying here, a couple of days anyway. Sandra and Tim said I can stay as long as I want. Pretty good for meeting face to face for the first time today.

Armadillo count up to three...all roadkill. One a day for the last three days.


That is a lot of driving!


This is Daisy. 


This is Kali Cat assessing Daisy. She hasn't come out yet, guess she doesn't know Daisy is inside the fence and can't hurt her.



No comments:

Post a Comment